موقع اممي ثوري ثقافي مناهض للامبريالية ومناصر لقضايا الشعوب حول العالم.

Press Titles ” 2019/2/27

73
image_pdf

The situation in the so-called “demilitarized zones” have entered a new phase that threatens to turn the situation towards a military solution, while observers see it as a pressure on Turkey to push its mercenaries in Idlib to implement the agreements.

On Wednesday morning, the Arab newspapers touched upon the escalation in the demilitarized zones of Syria.

Al-Arab: Idlib’s escalation is the introduction of a comprehensive process, or to put pressure on Ankara

Al-Arab newspapers said, “Idlib governorate and the surrounding countryside are witnessing a dangerous escalation between the Syrian army and the opposing and extremist organizations which threatens the possibility of a collapse of the situation in the region, which is classified as De-escalation areas according to Sochi agreement in September.”

The newspaper pointed out, “The escalation that began on 12 February threatens the possibility of launching a large-scale military operation in Idlib by the regime and its allies, especially with the promotion of loyal media to bring military reinforcements to the region. In contrast, experts exclude the existence of several obstacles, the most important is that the governorate includes more than three million people, as well as the presence of thousands of fighters who were engaged in fighting over the eight years of the war.”

The newspaper added, “They say that it seems that the escalation initiated by the regime and responded by the militant factions that belong to Hayet Tahrir al-Sham which is led by Fatah al-Sham (previously al-Nusra) and the National Liberation Front is an attempt to put pressure on Turkey to push the factions to implement the Idlib agreement that has not been achieved, but on the contrary, instead of neutralizing Heyat Tahrir al-Sham from the buffer zone agreed upon in the Sochi agreement, Heyat Tahrir al-Sham now controls most of Idlib and part of the countryside of Hama and Aleppo villages.”

Al-Sharq al-Awsat: The evacuation of civilians from IS pocket in East Euphrates is continuing

And on the recent battles against IS, al-Sharq al-Awsat newspaper said, “Hundreds of people, including women, children and men suspected of belonging to IS organization exited from the last extremist-controlled pocket in eastern Syria through 11 trucks on Tuesday evening at a time when the Syrian Democratic Forces are continuing to investigate with others. The huge trucks crossed the desert coming from al- Baguz and went to the sorting point of the Syrian Democratic Forces.”

The newspaper added, “The AFP team saw women holding the iron side of trucks while the Syrian Democratic Forces were preparing to carry out identity check and search processes to sort out the civilians who were suspected of being members of the extremist organization that is holed up in a pocket of only half a square kilometer. On Monday, at least 46 trucks left the jihadists’ pocket, and that was the third batch in a week.”

The newspaper made clear, “The Syrian Democratic Forces, consisting of Arab and Kurdish factions, estimate that a few thousand civilians mainly family’s members of IS organization’s fighters are still inside the pocket, and the Syrian Democratic Forces supported by the Washington-led International Coalition are waiting for another evacuation of the civilians in order to launch their attacks.”

ANHA

image_pdf
قد يعجبك ايضا

اترك رد

لن يتم نشر عنوان بريدك الإلكتروني.